Sunday, December 10, 2006

Something Peculiar

Last night while waiting in the car for someone in ss2, this lady comes up to my window and knocks on it. She was probably in her early twenties, fair, and quite pretty.

At first i was reluctant to answer as the windows to that side of the car cant go down (thanks alot proton!) so the only way to listen to what shes gotto say is to open the car door. I tell you the amount of kooks knocking at your window these days, its best to be on the side of caution. But in the end, being the nice guy that i am, i opened the door to find out what she wanted.

Well this young pretty girl immediately went of rambling some long shit in chinese. Now i'm what you would call a banana, my vocab only limited to 'Have you eaten?' and 'How are you?'. Of course i've also learned to say 'I'm sorry i dont understand chinese' through the years of constant usage. So obviously i told her that, i dont understand what you're trying to say to me but she's persistant and just goes yes yes i know but blah blah blah....

Ok so i'm not exactly a complete moron in chinese la, i do understand some basic words. I could barely make out what she wanted and from my understanding, she and her mum are from China, just came to Msia, not enough money to eat, something about her dad coming tomorrow. So i figured she was asking money to eat. At that time her mum comes into the picture. I looked at her and she gave me this wave and a smile.

At this point in time i start thinking to myself, is this a scam? Because it really sounds like one to get me parted from my money, and i really love my money. So many things to buy this time around, so little money. But then again, what if it wasnt? I mean this poor (literally) girl and her mum would starve for the night. Damn i hate it when people put me in these kind of situations!

In the end, i just gave her 10 bucks. I figured i could afford to lose 10 bucks if it was a scam, but it would be able to feed the both of them incase her sob story was real. However, after handing them the money, she continued on talking and asking me something i couldnt understand. Luckly my friend came back to the car just in time so she had to move away from the window. After my friend entered i just gave that girl a polite shake of the head, waved and drove off.

I wonder if i was scammed? Hmm...

On the bright side, i won 30 bucks from mahjong that night so all's well again.

2 comments:

JL said...

It's a scam pal. Luckily she didn't drug you and dragged you out of the car :P

It happened to me once at KL Sentral. Same thing, the daughter told me she & her mom they didn't have enough money to take the train to KLIA. Their credit cards were not working and she asked whether i could spare her 50 bucks. I told her I have only 20 in my wallet, which is true, and i need it for my taxi fare. She smiled and then just walked away. I think to myself, if she really needed the money why not approach another person? And when i went to get my taxi coupon, the lady at the counter told me they had been there the whole week, scamming people.

Anyway as for your case, what goes around comes around. Your generosity was rewarded thrice fold :)

Comically Sad said...

thanks jl. but sometimes i hate ppl like these. taking advantage of the kindness of other ppl.