Saturday, December 02, 2006

Party People

Your heart beats in anticipation as you travel in the car. You know what the destination brings. Beneath the laughter and the jokes, lies the steady rhythm that cannot wait to be one with the music, to absorb its energy, and release it with a bang. You know its gonna be a great night.

Big strides as you confidently walk up those stairs. Already you can hear the thumping of the beat, that constant dub that makes your pulse race, and it grows louder as if calling your name. Heads turn as you enter, checking you out. You know you own the dance floor. And sex is the last thing on your mind, only the music. Thats all that matters. Thats all you're here for!


Ok so i went for Blackout at La Queen. Was abit hesitant at first, as me and another friend thought it was gonna be some dodgy night with no lights and plenty of groping going on. On the other hand, it did intrigue me as well. I've yet to go to a themed party night so i decided to make my debut, and quite a good one too i might add! Music was exceptional, and the DJ did play a couple of my favourite songs. Plus i got dragged up to the podium by some friends. Really, i dont know where i get the nerves to do this kind of things sometimes, but when the musics pumping, i get this natural high and it strips me off my reservations! Its bad i know!

So finally and hopefully with 2 nights of clubbing off my chest i hope to get back in gear for exams and revision. I still dont get it how some uni's can even schedule exams to start from the second week of january. Dont they know Christmas and New Year's specially reserved for pure partying?! Plus we'll need a few days after that to recuperate as well! Some people just dont get it.

Anyway mondays here once again. Hope u guys had a good weekend. I cant wait for the next!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling man, the anticipation itself has already got my adrenaline pumping when i'm out for a night of dancing :)

But i’m not lucky as you cause my presence always goes unnoticed… usually is my gorgeous friend who always got the attention. Well no complaint as ‘sendiri tahu kisah sendiri’ –Cantonese proverb- as long as i fulfill my dosage of dancing, dah cukuplah :)

All the best in your exam

Legolas said...

During my university years, all the exams were resolving around Chinese New Year time. I have this hunch that they somehow did it on purpose. Cis! And the only way to go home is by flight. So exams on the Chinese New Year eve was a dreadful thing. Curse you, stupid university!!!

Derek said...

Hmm, don't know whether Sg's clubbing scene and music suit you or not ... We'll find out, won't we? ;P

Comically Sad said...

jl: lol i never said that was me :P

leggie: well me think u did a uk program as well hehehe i couldnt stop thinking of all the food i was missing whenever CNY came about. lucky i'm back now. gonna eat till my sorry ass drops! and my ass is gonna be so sry after all that food thats going into me..sigh

derek: fingers crossed :P