Friday, December 08, 2006

Schmutsy Artsy

I've never considered myself an artistic person. Although i do portray some traits of it as my friends tell me, it has always been limited to doodles and paintings done wayyy back in high school when we had art lessons. That was my favourite subject and i remember spending most of my time working on our projects more then any other subjects i had.

I remember my mother finally buying me this new set of water colour once , the one that comes in a blue box (Bunco? Something like that), and i was really really really ecstatic about it, like having my first orgasm, only better. Oh how i took care of those tiny colourful bottles, carefully using a spatula each time i needed a a little paint and then carefully wiping it clean before scooping out another colour. I used to be such an uptight ass! (Still am, which ever the context you're thinking of!)

The best part was, i even got angry at someone for mucking up the colours when he didnt clean the spatula he used and got some green in the blue. Man, was he shocked! Ask anybody who knew me back then and you'll know that i'm a very placid person and would hardly ever get angry over anything. So to get over such matter...the guy still remembers this incident till today.

Anyway as i was saying, i like art. The only reason i watch ANTM is solely for the photoshoots that they have and nothing more. I love the way those girls would strike a pose, the colours of the make-up, the funky hairdos and of course, the final photo outcome. Somehow a photograph is able to stir emotions that even words cant. Looking at magazines, i find myself staring enviously at the way the photographer manages to capture not just a stunning picture, but with every shadow evoking a different sensation.

Besides photography, a dear friend of mine also sparked my interest recently in a very talented singer/songwriter/artist by the name of Brandon Boyde. That dude from Incubus is actually one hell of a talent all moulded together. Browsing through some of the artworks that he's done over the years, i really wish i had the capabilities to produce drawings like that. Given the chance, i'd like to pick his brains and find out whats his inspiration (although Incubus fans out there would already know what it is). But for now, i can only sit at my computer and just adore him from a far.






Thats one of his artwork that i really like, and i'm considering to get it tattooed on my back. Wonder what my mum will say this time! She took the last one pretty well but i dont want to push it too far. Hmm...

4 comments:

MT said...

Remember what I said about your tattoo on your arm the first time I saw it before knowing you were gay?

I said it looked gay.

This one is even gayer.

Up to you though. I think you'd think it's a compliment.

JL said...

I like the fish and Tibetan inscription tattoo on his right forearm. I think they're Uber Cool.

Incubus music rocks my socks. Their new album, Light Grenades, is going to be released in M'sia soon. yippee..

btw it's Boyd :) (not being anal here)

Have a great weekend, cheers!

Comically Sad said...

mt: does it really? i think it would be cool on my left shoulder blades lol nothing too big. and well seeing i AM gay....its a compliment LOL

jl: ooo so we have an incubus fan here :P yeah i cant wait too...but i highly doubt i'll buy the original tho lol...dunno y i only buy crappy originals like paris hilton..i guess deep down i'm really a bimbo :S

JL said...

If you planning to get their album... i would suggest Morning View.

Though i don't like Paris Hilton, but i must say her songs are very catchy especially Nothing In This World & Turn It Up. Always get my happy feet tapping to the beat... does that mean i'm himbo as well? ;)