Friday, December 15, 2006

Some Serenity Please

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things i cannot change;
courage to change the things i can;
and wisdom to know the difference.


My heart has been in a state of unrest lately. Maybe it’s because of exams, or maybe it’s something else.

Sometimes I look back at the person I was before and think if maybe I should have just stayed the way I was. Life was much simpler then, and so was I. There were a lot of things I wouldn’t care about back then that takes precedent in my life now, more then I would like it to. But although things may have been better in the past, perhaps the transition is needed in order for us to truly find ourselves. Change is a requirement in this journey of life.

I guess I’m just afraid that one day I might lose myself amidst all the changes happening. Bad decisions that have brought about harsh consequences, and thus making me doubt myself occasionally. Looking back, I don’t think I really made an effort to stick to the infamous New Year Resolutions for the year, and now another new year is fast approaching.

The conclusion?

I think I’m just experiencing exam jitter right now. No amount of effort or time seems to be enough with the impending date closing in quick. I need more hard work!

Yes i know. My thoughts are everywhere.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

MT said...

Dunno why you so emo man...

Good luck!

Emo's for noobs!!!

JL said...

All the best!

Comically Sad said...

mt: not the first day u know me! lol

JL: thanks :)