Thursday, November 16, 2006

Lazy Days

Its not everyday i get an email from the university stating that my lecturer is ill and therefore class tomorrow is canceled. Although feeling bad for that poor guy, i secretly wish in my heart that many more would follow after him thus giving me me plenty of rest days. I know i'm selfish, considering the obscene amount of holidays i get due to our ever generous government, not to mention the occasional self-awarded holidays i give myself, but i guess holidays are never enough arent they? Its always been a mystery to me how my holidays can just fly by and by the end of it all i always end up more tired then when it started. Weird huh? I know its definately not because of all that dancing i do in the clubs (actually i dont dance very much), or the late night mamak sessions, or the crazy inexplicable urges we sometimes get to go up Genting for a cup of freezing caramel frappachino at hours shared with vampires and werewolves, because obviously who gets tired doing those things?

I guess this one day break came at the right time too. After spending countless hours trying to finish QAF i've finally done it. I cant help but say i love justin! He started out as this irritating kid who just doesnt know when to quit but throughout the show he's somehow evolved into something much deeper. I especially love the part where he gets crushed when he becomes the backup plan of brian and decides to join that Mr Babylon contest. U go girl! I think he's best quality is that he never gives up, always hoping and waiting for Brian to reciprocate his love. I think its sweet and also sad how it ends at the end.

Now i just need to find someone with season 2-5 of the show! Damn, i'm addicted!

Anyway tomorrow i'll be heading down to Malacca. Kindda like a road trip but not quite. A friend of mine is having some kind of unofficial company trip, how weird is that lol We were out one day and he was just bitching about the people he was going to go down there with and how they sorta divided the cost of it unequally, like saying only guys pay when theres like 3 guys n 2 girls going down in one car. Thats bullshit if u ask me. I mean if i'm going out on a date with a girl (as if i would) then yes i would pay, or if we watched a movie, but if we're going on a trip, i think everybody should be equal. I just dont see the reason why the girls should be excluded! I'll like to see when they organise a trip to, say US, if those guys would say the same thing. The only one who is allowed to be excluded in my opinion would be the car owner who's driving. Thats all.

So anyway, sry got carried away, will be heading down to Malacca. Dont quite know what we're gonna do there because besides eating and more eating, theres really nothing much to do in Malacca. Of course now with Jonker Walk about, we get to see the Ah Bengs and Ah Lians in their full glory. That would probably give us some topic of conversations lol. Seriously i'm amazed each time i go back during Chinese New Year at the total difference in style that it verges on the border of cultural shock. Of course i shall not say too much as some of my friends have commented on me slowly going towards the dark side too.

Well, i have to get back to my work now. Still have one report to finish and plenty of C programming (cursed language) to brush up on.

Tomorrow, the hunt begins for the ultimate bargain in Mahjong tiles! Let the ride begin!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, what can I say about those ah bengs and ah lians...Guess you guys would blend in perfectly fine!!haha...just joking...Glad to hear that you have a sick lecturer...wish more for that. I guess that is really reasonable wish!! ngek ngek...hope to catch up with u soon..

Cheers..

-Al-

Comically Sad said...

y dont u join us? u free? i can bring u around like we've always plan to.

Anonymous said...

i really want to do that with u...but i have to go focus on my priorities, my collegue resigned therefore I have to cover double work now...I have been working late for this week now. It would be great to plan on a trip with u soon...I was thinking of penang or something? What do you think?

Anyway, I bet u would have great fun in Melaka...Do take loads of photograph to share them with me.

Cheers.Hope to catch u soon.

-Al-

AJ said...

I've got season 3 of QAF on DVD (hint hint) & watched the whole series out of boredom. Eventhough not as pretty, real life does have more substance in the plot...

Comically Sad said...

i shall remember u aj after i'm done with season 2 then lol...i doubt it'll be long!

i'm learning how to tackle real life problems with style from QAF. hopefully some of brians hotness will rub off on my.