Friday, March 02, 2007

Lights.Camera.Action.

Rejoice people for a superstar is born.

No longer am i just a mere mortal anymore, I now live on a higher level!

I have been encapsulated in a movie and shall now be remembered for the splendid performance i gave.

Generations will worship me!

Children will adore me!

The Oscar will idolize me!


OK i'm just joking.

So i finally got a taste of how life through the lens was like. Played a very small part in a local production as one of those faces in the multitudes you see on screen but nvr bother about (aka kalefare in canton) and it took damn fucking long just to please the director. Man not worth the money we were paid. Thank god i wasnt there alone or i would have just walked out halfway.

Reached the set about 7 plus. I have to admit i was quite excited as this was the first time i've ever seen a movie being shot up close and personal. You wont believe how much a little bit of lighting and playing around with the camera angle can create a beautiful backdrop when in actual fact its just being shot in some old uninteresting building. Such trickery!

Anyway we were made to sit there for ages after we arrived. Didnt even know if we would be accepted because i had mistaken a shirt for a tee. So there we were, wait, wait, wait, when finally they told us they had dinner provided for us and we would be briefed after eating. Huh? Nobody mentioned dinner, and me, ad and mich had KFC at KLCC!

Well they did brief us after dinner, and then the acting started. To cut a long story short, i've nvr shouted 'Merdeka' so many times in my entire life as i did in that one night. Neither has the phrase 'Hidup Tunku', 'Hidup UMNO', and 'Hidup MCA' been uttered from my mouth ever, and yet i think i said it enough to last me a lifetime and many more. Oh and the bitch (ok she was a nice lady actually) combed my hair like shit and really made me look like an AH PEK! Good god how on earth can i show my face now! I hope nobody ever recognises me, if they ever go watch that show in the first place la.

What was expected to be a 6 hour stint dragged on and on and on and finally, at BLARDY 3.30, they finally wrapped it up. OMG 80 bucks for eight n half hour is so not worth my time! I guess you cant put a price on experience, but i swore to myself that nvr again was i going for something like this (unless something interesting comes along la :P). So i guess i can finally strike of acting as a profession now.

Its time to move on.

Next stop, daredevil!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol which movie was that? wanna be sure to at least catch a glimpse of you on screen ;)

William said...

Remind me to get an autograph the next time I see you. FFK play on Friday.... apalar...

Comically Sad said...

senai: no way am i telling the title of this movie, its too embarassing :P

will: i'm so sry, but i was supposed to go to tioman. kindda like a last minute plan.

Linus Linnaeus said...

the movie is 1957 hati malaya :)
hello...just blog hopping...m an ah pek in the movie too...but you have to admit...tunku was pretty good likeness to the real deal...

Linus