Thursday, December 18, 2008

Jatuh Ditimpa Tangga

Of late I've been acting moody and cranky for no apparent reason. And of course its driving him crazy. If I were of the opposite sex, things would be much easier to explain. Unfortunately I'm not.

And I have no idea about my mood swings either. Of course I know the triggers to them, but of late I'm being sensitive to a lot of things. Now I have a feeling that they were preludes to something worse. Like a harbinger of bad news. And then I receive that phone call!

I hate recession!

Its just so disappointing to receive such news so near the festive seasons. One less thing to be thankful for.

My heart literally stopped when I received the news. I heard what she was saying, but my mind was actually still at 'I'm sorry to inform you...'. And I can truly say I understand the meaning of sorely disappointed now. Even 5 hours later as I was walking towards my car, I half expected/hoped that someone would call back saying it was all a joke. I guess its just bad timing.

One thing I can be thankful for is still having my current job.

Plus I get to go for my KK trip after all.

Maybe this Christmas its time to be thankful for the present and not the future.


Ps: Anyone know if its legal for a company to retract back the offer letter after both parties have signed?


2 comments:

savante said...

Bad news about a job offer? THings will get better by next year, hopefully!

Anonymous said...

*hugs

Hope things will get better for you next year!