Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Wish

Sometimes I wish that love mattered. Only love. And nothing else would ever trump that.

Sadly, thats not the case most of the time. Sadly, we humans place more importance in things like religion and respect. Sadly, things like 'face' and dignity and honor comes way above love. And love is shoved in a corner, alone and forgotten.

I want to make my mum understand that what I have with him is just plain and simple love. Just as she fell in love with dad, so too do I want to fall in love with the man that's made for me. But I'm tired of all the fights - the yelling and the screaming. Even the tears. But worst of all, I'm tired of fighting against God.

To be honest, how can I ever win if ultimately God is brought into the picture? No matter how I try to see in another perspective, the Word is clear. And what I share with him is...forbidden.

Ever since I embarked on this journey, every step has been stony and uneven. The road I choose never gave one a moment's rest. And I'm so tired.

I have a dream. A dream that one day mum, dad, me and him could go to church together. A dream where I could freely worship without being discriminated. That we could have dinner at home and laugh at jokes, to talk about things that happened during the day and share our thoughts and opinions. And then gather round the tele for a movie...as a family. That Christmas would be a joyous occasion with everyone gathered round the tree and opening their presents.

Instead, all we have now are superficial banter about useless things. Safe things. Things that stay away from topics of relationships, marriage or family. And then there's the secretivity of trips and the when/what-time-are-you-coming-back's. I mean for fucks sake just say when you're leaving for your trip and when r u coming back! You think I'll only do 'wrong' things when you're gone?!

So if I could get one wish this Christmas to come true, I wish for love and all that love brings. Because God knows this world needs so much more then what we have of it right now. I wish that angels hear the cry of a boy and brings this simple request to the foot of the One that created heaven and earth. And then maybe, just maybe, this Christmas would be the best one ever.

5 comments:

.:: Ant ::. said...

Yup, agree, that would be the best Xmas gift ever. However, since it is almost a miracle for that to happen, just think of the positive things in your life which far outweigh that of others. You still have living parents (parents who care enuf to want to know what u r doing) plus a lovely bf, amongst other things. Life is not too bad after all, right? Hmmmm :)

Thanks for sharing. Please do atke care!

Anonymous said...

Let's hope it will all come to past! Cheers!

Derek said...

We all wish for that too dear! And I hope it comes true for you! ;-)

Comically Sad said...

anton: yeah i know i should try to look on the bright side. And i am thankful for what i already have. I guess i'm greedy wanting 'perfect' :)

jl: so do i, so do i!

derek: hey, long time :) well i wish it comes true for everyone la. I'm sure we all deserve that kind of happiness :)

joshua said...

Good luck in everything dude!

Stay strong, and a better day will arrive!